ADA Gazette Spring 2018 Issue

I'm chuffed to have my recent MSc water vole research mentioned in the Association of Drainage Authorities magazine the ADA Gazette

I hope that water voles (the most rapidly declining native British mammal) in other parts of the UK can benefit from my Fenland research regarding their preference for coir roll revetments over other riparian management strategies.

Cheers to Cliff Carson (Environmental Officer of the Middle Level Commissioners and MSc thesis supervisor) for writing the article and to the Association of Drainage Authorities for including it.

The article (right hand side) printed on page 23 in the ADA Gazette Spring 2018 Issue.


To discover more about my research findings, check out the summary report which is downloadable from the Middle Level Commissioners website.

Comments

  1. Hi Lucy,

    Really interested to hear of your water vole research! I'm volunteering for the Canals and Rivers Trust and we are looking at ways to improve water vole habitat where we have steel sided sections of the canal. The planted coir rolls look great but I imagine as the canal in question is over 1-2m depth we would have to build a structure under the water for the coir rolls to be placed on top of? your thoughts or knowledge in this area would be greatly received. You can contact me at skylarkecology@gmail.com .
    Thanks, Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mammal News Article, Summer 2018 Issue

Voles on rolls